To be considered for induction into the Bristol Sports Hall of Fame a prospective candidate must meet the following criteria:
- The individual may have gained prominence as a player, coach, or official on the high school, collegiate or professional level.
- The individual must have reached the age of 35 years.
- In the event of a serious illness or death an individual will be eligible immediately.
- The individual must be a native of Bristol, attended Bristol schools, or gained their prominence while competing for or coaching Bristol teams.
- Self-nominations will not be accepted.
- Any owner, writer, broadcaster, administrator, volunteer, or any other special category selected by the Board of Directors may be included if such individual has made a noteworthy contribution to Bristol Sports.
- The Board of Directors of the Bristol Sports Hall of Fame reserves the right to remove any inductee from the Hall of Fame for personal conduct which reflects negatively upon himself/herself, the BSHOF, or the City of Bristol.
Organizations / Sponsors
- Organizations or sponsors must be located or had been located in Bristol.
- Must have been a major contributor or benefactor of sport’s activities in Bristol.